Friday, October 1, 2010

You Are My Hiding Place.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." -Philipians 4:6-8



The past month has been a whirlwind to say the least! From celebrating the graduation of 9 residents, to the unveiling of the new men's dorm, to my discovering that I have mono, and welcoming in another large group of new residents, you could say things have been keeping us all on our toes.

To be completely honest, I'm not quite sure what more to say than what has already been said in my personal journal entries. I've decided to share some with you as it will make blogging at this point a whole lot easier! :)

9-21-10
...it is fitting, that in times of my own physical strength being stripped of me, my tendency to "do! do! do!" defteated by my own body's inability to do anything but rest, that you would also call me closer to you Lord. This is a lesson I can grow from. This trial, a call to deeper perseverance and a greater dependence on you, than on self. When James calls the Jewish Christians to 'Count it all joy... when you meet trials of various kinds", it is not out of a massechistic viewpoint that he speaks. He says this because even trials have been orchestrated by God for our good. In trials, the testing of faith leads to Steadfastness. Steadfastness to perfection and completion, that we might one day be lacking nothing (James 1:2-4). Therefore, without trials, we run the danger of becoming complacent. Without the trial of having no strength, I run the risk of attempting to do all by my own power. Without the trial of having little left of my finances, I run the risk of a life based on a false-sense of security.



9-23-10

Heavenly Father,

my body is weak again today, and yet I'm reminded that you are well aware. You know me more than I know myself... You know what choices I'll make and even have purpose in these things that seem to be results of poor self-care. There is a certain confidence I can have that no matter what I do or don't do, I have been chosen and predestined by you. My sainthood can not be stripped of me... and wether I'm weak and can not accomplish much, or I'm full of energy and am 'productive" in the sight of others, your love for me doesn't change.

No comments:

Post a Comment